Thursday, July 15, 2021

Walk With Me/#Thursdaydoors

One of the great things about where we are living right now is the ability to walk just about anywhere safely. Many people walk or bike to work downtown, and there are 155 parks in the city! They range from a square of grass with a merry-go-round to multi acre parks with wildlife and education centers. The number of hiking trails is bountiful and all are well kept and used by many. Just walking the neighborhood and surrounding areas gets me a 2-4 mile hike in easily and, well, anyone who knows me understands that I would rather be out of doors any day. 

On these walks I have the opportunity to view and photograph lots of doors and I have! I just have been remiss in putting together posts. We are slowly getting things in order and I am trying to return to those things which I love. For today’s post I just wanted to share my walk with you which leads off with some great doors. On this day there seemed to be a theme in place and I let myself fall into step with it for a glorious walk. 


I love the door decorations. Bees definitely bring the feeling of peace to mind for me.



See what I mean about the ‘theme’? πŸ‘πŸ»



A bunya friend can always be found darting across a lawn.



The squirrels are so ‘ginger’!



The park nearest to us is about a ten minute walk and has this great waterfall. It’s a peaceful place to sit, cool off and reflect. My grandson loves sitting here too. I picked up a couple of books for him at the little free library and did a preview reading.



I am always amazed that there is never a loss for subject matter in children’s books. 



These little free libraries are all over the city and there are even a couple of small free pantries where donated canned and dry goods can be shared.



I’ve been finding feathers daily which is my chosen spirit sign. I’m accepting them with gratitude. πŸ™πŸ»



And so many different ones too! 



The second wave of beautiful Summer flower catches my eye and I have to stop for photos.



My friend here is finally getting its feathers back. Apparently the business yard where it hangs out was a good setting for a brawl with some dogs. It looked pretty rough for a couple of weeks. 



Tiny yellow blooms look like drops of sunshine on the ground



Most of the sidewalks are shaded so walking is comfortable.



My heart has a special niche for the tiny opportunists. They show their happy faces no matter who is looking.



Hubs and I walked this trail for a bit yesterday. A rare moment of catching me doing what I love most. No, I don’t think I usually stand so awkwardly. 🀭



How about these Blue Spruce trees? So many evergreens here make me want to bust out the decorations and lights and get a little holiday spirit going! 



Yep, another one. This one came from a bluejay to be sure. As if to amplify the differences in perception between the two of us, I was marveling at the feather sticking straight up in the grass beside my car door and he said, “Yeah, right next to a pile of old dog sh&*”. 



I think the message is clear. If you can look beyond the crap, there is always the promise of Spirit rising. 

Let me see if I can find one more door for you, just to keep this ‘legal’ for the Thursday Doors Prompt hosted by our friend Dan. Check out his blog for more great doors and to meet some terrific writers. 



This little bee house was built by the campus AG center for their garden. Just look at all those doors! πŸ‘πŸ»


They gratefully do their work in the garden too. 



Next time I will share some photos of the garden. It really is a magical place. 



Please let’s work to keep it this way. ❤️πŸ§‘πŸ’•







10 comments:

  1. I love the door with the bee and I've always found the insect houses fascinating ever since I saw the first one in France. Looks like you're in a lovely area.

    janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bees are my favorite Janet. Thanks for stopping by. Lincoln is very conservation aware and animal/kid friendly. Lots of wonderful museums too.

      Delete
  2. I think of you whenever infind a feather, Cheryl. I remember how you like finding them. Great doors and beautiful sights. Lots to make you smile. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m glad you enjoyed it Dan. It makes me so happy when anyone says they see something that reminds them of me, especially when it is something in nature. πŸ™‚Thank you.

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful jaunt with you! I love waterfalls and pretty doors and nature. You gave it all to us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Pam. Just a few of my favorite things. I’m glad you enjoyed the views.

      Delete
  4. Keep finding those feathers. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some days I wish for a whole bird, John. πŸ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a delightful walk, Cheryl! I loved the Insect house, and all your found feathers. I love them too.
    I hope your week is as delightful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deborah! I’m glad you enjoyed the walk. I hope you have a beautiful week as well. Thanks.

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts!