Monday, October 2, 2023

Completion and Chaos #DawnoftheDream #book #ForeverNever #author





Hi Guys,

I have been woefully absent in the past year and I apologize. With all the challenges of my hubby’s health and the traveling we have had to do, along with my book project, I’ve often wonder what I did with my days. For me, the writing and editing were all consuming, and I had little energy left for blogging. I still honor nature, hike when I can and love taking photos. Sometimes just living seems the most important thing that needs doing and it is truly healing. 

BUT, complete the book I did, and as long a process as it was, it is still not the most difficult thing for me. It was a labor of love, bringing all these wonderful beings to life and creating the kind of world and relationship I envision for humans. Their story has only just begun, and I hope you are willing to join their quest to save Domhan as they discover what makes them human and how truly powerful they are.  

The hard part for me is talking about this most personal project and imploring you to share this experience with me. If you enjoy fantasy mythology, long for a deeper connection to the world and its natural magic, and have to will to fight to restore balance within Existence then this adventure is for you. 

The book is available on amazon as paperback and Kindle At this link.  Some of you have already been so kind as to purchase the book and I appreciate you so much. I look forward to your perceptions and thoughts. I’d love it if you have time to visit my Author Page and follow me or leave a review once you’ve read the book. Meanwhile, I hope everyone is living well, enjoying your creative endeavors and dreaming beautifully. 

M’na’s hand bled where it pressed into the jagged edge of the broken branch, torn from the Tree of Creation by Damanta’s fury.  Her fingers slowly curled around the rough wood, gripping it tightly. Keeping her eyes locked with the serpent’s, she rose quietly with the grace of the feminine warrior she was born to be…

Now, here’s something lovely for you.  


Our town park. My second happy place! 



See? I really do take these photos myself! 😀



This delicious little beauty is a Goldenberry. This is my first time to grow one and I’m so excited. In the states, the plant is known as Cape Gooseberry. It has wonderful health properties and tastes like a little sweet tart plum. 

Oh, snap! Photos from our recent trip home. Here are just a few. One of my sons couldn’t make it but maybe next time. We missed him but it was so good getting together. 










10 comments:

  1. I wondered what a Gooseberry tasted like. I picked up my copy of your book and it's now on my list of Fall reading. Congratulations, on the book, Cheryl!! I hope it does very, very well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Deborah! I appreciate your support and do hope you’ll enjoy the book. I was very excited to grow the goldenberry, as they are known here. It looks just like a peas sized yellow tomato but the taste is completely unique.

      Delete
  2. I was wondering what a Gooseberry tasted like? I've never had one but, it sure looks lovely.
    Congratulations, on your book, Cheryl!!! I've got my copy and it's on my stack of books to read this fall.
    Sorry, if this posted twice!! I think I needed to login to post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the double comments! A lot of people just give ip. 👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I have my copy already, Cheryl. I am so happy for you reaching this point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Dan. You helped me so much to get to this point and I am eternally grateful. 😊

      Delete
  5. Currently assembling books for the long days ahead. This one sounds perfect! I too have hubs with health challenges and novel reading is reentering the equation. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I’m so sorry about your hubby’s health challenges and wish you both well. Writing as well as reading really brings a kind of anesthesia to troubled days. Thank you so much and I look forward to hearing how you like the story.

      Delete
  6. Cheryl, you don't have to fret about not blogging much this past year because finishing your book and taking care of hubby's health were far more important. I don't blog like I used to and that only means that life in front of me takes precedence. The same is true for you. Glad we still connect on IA because some days/weeks, that and FB is all I can manage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Mary. Your words mean a lot to me. I usually try to roll through life’s challenges and hide the rough edges. Sometimes we just have to step back and take care of ourselves. I’m glad we’re connected there as well. It’s nice to read your kitty posts! 😊

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts!