Saturday, January 11, 2020

Then and Now

Today’s combination prompt from Linda Hill for #SoCS and #JusJoJan gives us an interesting change. I love these because they can be so varied.

 This is what I want you to do: 1. Grab the closest book to you when you sit down to write your post. 2. Open it to a random page. 3. Locate the first complete sentence on that page. 4. Use the first three words of that sentence to start your post, then take it from there–write whatever comes to mind. That’s it! Have fun!




I was so excited to read something new from the ‘King’ . So far, so good. 

This prompt also fits with what was on my heart and allows me to share something our good blogging friend Damyanti Biswas posted on Instagram yesterday. 


This simple graphic says so much about who we have become as a society. We are civilized to the point of regression. The first human to view their reflection in the water must have been astounded and perhaps felt less alone in their world. That simple appreciation of self awareness has now grown to gargantuan proportions so that seeing oneself in a reflection stirs so many more negative emotions than positive. On the flip side of that, so many are obsessed with their image to the point of sharing it publicly on any media possible for the attention that will come. Humans have grown to be codependent as a race, seeking validation at every turn and unable to accept the simple satisfaction to be gained from a job well done no matter its magnitude. 

When I opened my book today three words from a new chapter stared back at me.

When he saw...

What came to mind was the first chapter of the Bible, the Creation Story. 

When He saw what he had made he knew that it was good.

I have to wonder what our Creator knows about what has become of the original Creation made so lovingly. Can anyone who truly understands the Spirit of Love believe that a loving God would be impressed with uber technology, over population, or the destruction of the very gift we received in that first thought of a god so many claim to live for? Would that God condone the murder of Its Creation for the gain of some of Its children over others? Would that God congratulate the stewards which were created to watch over the heavens and Earth and all living things created before themselves on what they have done with these gifts? 

Many people tell me I am too nice and that this is a weakness. I don’t know any other way to be, for this is what my soul knows of love from where I came. What should be remembered by those who prey on nice people is that it is not a sign of weakness at all. It is our greatest strength, for when everything else falls away, when the masks are removed and there is nothing but our essence that remains, we will not be ashamed of what we brought to this gift called Life. 

I do not aim to belong to any groups or follow any crowds. I don’t mind standing alone if it means my heart is joyful, my soul is at peace and my conscience is clear. If one person remembers me for something kind I have done, then I will consider myself well remembered. 

Have a great #free48 everyone.
Love and Light...

Where two or more are gathered in my name, there is love...
The manatee...gentle giants

Always a favorite of mine.






16 comments:

  1. Like Groucho Marx said, I wouldn't belong to any club that would have me as a member.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully said. I think the same way, being kind first and foremost.
    Oh, I didn't know SK had a new book out. I'll have to look into it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m not deeply into it but so far I like the hero. Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. It is sad that so much destruction is being done in the name of God, but it has always been this way. Humans, pfft! "Nice" gets a bad rap because it means to so many being walked over, stepped on, abused... I'm not so nice but I am kind. I temper even my maddest words pretty well to be channeled into something that can be heard. I wasn't always that way. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all evolve Kate or what would be the point in any of it? Hugs.

      Delete
  4. So ... you are reading the same book I am at the moment! Awesome! I usually have anywhere from 3-7 books going at a time, and just started The Institute. I love the graphic by Damyanti Biswas ... it speaks volumes. In truth, I believe this world would be better off without religion ... perhaps then we could learn to accept one another as we are, without lofty expectations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. The darkness we fear most lives within. Our harshest judge, our saboteur, is in our own mind. How do you like The Institute so far? I am only a few chapters in but like the main character. I too am always juggling books. I still have Archimedes to Hawking and am inching my way through it. It makes my brain feel alive even though I am not able to consciously retain much of it. Thanks for stopping by today. We have to hold out hope that this world of dreams will be illuminated.

      Delete
    2. I don't know why I showed up as "Unknown" ... it's me ... Jill, from Filosofa's Word!

      Delete
    3. Oh hi Jill! Thanks for visiting and leaving me a comment. It’s so nice to have my friends ‘over’. 😉

      Delete
  5. Wouldn't it be wonderful to live in a world where kindness was so widespread that only those who were unkind stood out?

    This post will stay with me for a while. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Maggie it would. It would be wonderful to live in a world where only kindness entered the thought of humans. Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts. Have a wonderful Sunday!

      Delete
  6. I would be honoured to stand with you. Excellent post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be honored to have you there, Pam. 😊💕

      Delete
  7. "...when the masks are removed and there is nothing but our essence that remains, we will not be ashamed of what we brought to this gift called Life."

    I love the message of your post, Cheryl. Continue to be nice and kind. It is not a weakness by any means. Those that don't know it, do not realize what a difficult life they make for themselves. Kindness brings joy and happiness and isn't that what most humans want in life?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to think so, Mary. Thanks for the encouragement and support. Hugs! Hope your week is filled with kind people.

      Delete
  8. Like that link to Damyanti's. Be kind I think you are succeeding.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts!