Wednesday, December 1, 2021

There Ought to Be Clowns.. #1LinerWednesday

I awoke this morning with a brain bug. One that made little sense to me. I have had no triggers, seen no Stephen King movies, been to no circuses or listened to any 60’s soft rock. Still it was there and so needed to be. Clowns have never been a source of excitement for me. They inspire trepidation, hiding behind the makeup and painted on smile or they bring me to deep sadness with their painted frowns and teardrops, my longing to fix them outweighing any fear. 

Perhaps that is the message for me. While fear may be a cause for hesitation, my need to give comfort reaches beyond that. So, here I am now today, adding loads of soft inspiring rock music to my Spotify list and enjoying the roads these songs take me down. I think it was my parents up there who planted this bug with me today. 

What song, you ask? Who would have thought it, although I have long loved Judy Collins…



And this one for Mama and Daddy




I miss you..



She lifted me up and held me..



He was always there to catch me. ❤️❤️💐


4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Cheryl. Thank you for sharing something so special with us. Lots of people have done that song, but Judy Collins's version is the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Dan. I love her melancholy voice. 😊

      Delete
  2. Great songs! I've got the Superman Song from Crash Test Dummies in my head.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts!