Thursday, February 10, 2022

Necessity, The Mother of Adventure #Thursday Doors

It’s Thursday again, and time for sharing our doors. Dan Antion of No Facilities is our host and if you follow the link you’ll enjoy his historical doors and meet other terrific bloggers and maybe visit their sites too! 

Doors can be art, they can be portals to fun and imagination, even adventure. Then there can be necessary doors disguised as whimsical entertainments of the past. Such is the case with our little Playhouse Laundry here. I don’t know how exactly, but it feels less like work going to do my laundry these days. As soon as I see the pink paint and step inside I am transported back to a time when playing house was a delight. 

Oh, I still enjoy laundry and love caring for my home. I actually prefer when I am able to hang the laundry out to dry. I wish I had a clothesline here but sadly I don’t. Still, I never dry most of my clothes in a machine other than towels and such. On laundry days it is quite the sight in our little home. But the damp clothes under the ceiling fan feels like air conditioning. πŸ˜‰



See the basket? This proves I actually do the laundry myself! 



I love the little lace edging on the shelves (that no one uses) 



The view from inside ain’t too shabby either! πŸ˜‰

How about this view though? 


Each sunset is just a little bit different from the last one. 

Next week I plan to take you on our most recent mini adventure. I’m sure there were doors, or portals.. definitely windows!

Okay, music is my life and this post brought to mind a very old country tune.

 I miss old school traditional country music. 




6 comments:

  1. That's pretty cool, Cheryl. It does have a playhouse vibe. Thanks for sharing it with us. I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look like a cheerful place to do your laundry and the view is nice.

    One of the ladies I walk with and I were just talking this week about how we do our own house cleaning and laundry. Several of the ladies we walk with have housekeepers. We each thought we were the only ones still doing our own housework. You should see my laundry room it's full of my drip dry things which is the majority of my clothes. I don't have a clothesline here either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can’t imagine someone else (other than my troll children πŸ˜‚) doing my housework, especially my laundry. Heck it took 25 years for me to let hubby help with the clothes. He does do all the dishes these days though. I cook, he cleans. Ha! I’m doing laundry today. My drying rack looks like a sale at Victoria’s secret. 🀭Thanks for the comment, Deborah and have a great weekend.

      Delete
  3. I love Tammy Wynette. I did not know that song so thank you for sharing. Love your laundry room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, Pam. It’s a little recognized of her songs. Some people can’t handle those kinds of sad songs or old school sentiments these days. Many young women that have moved beyond sexist situations think those women were just stupid. I wish society would understand that evolution is due to the frowth and experience of all humans. Yes, the little laundry room is cute. I will always be proud of my position as homemaker for my family. I worked full time outside of our hime too. I am woman, hear me roar! I should have added that song too! Lol πŸ˜‰

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts!