Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Is it Tuesday?

The best thing about retirement in paradise is not having to know what day it is. I try to keep up but knowing Sunday night is just another night after years of trepidation for a new week of work, mean coworkers and unappreciative management has been the sweetest gift. 

So, for today, just a tune from a favorite cult flick and a photo or two. My homage to an unorganized life. 😉❤️




Love the Big Lebowski..



This fair fellow is obviously someone’s pet but enjoyed a moment of free roaming in the neighborhood. 



Tried a new Rustic bread recipe in the Dutch oven. Yum!, 



My new project. In between writing… and cooking… and my green things…



My sweet friend, Lissy, gave me a lovely box of handmade truffles and this one was a total delight! That’s a grape! 🥰




We met this fellow when he stopped by to hunt. I’d never heard of a 
Laughing Falcon before. Isn’t is beautiful? And, yes, its call sounds like a laugh. 
Hey, they eat mostly snakes, and venomous ones at that! 



😍


I made a Panamanian bread, Hojoldre, which is very similar to Sopapilla or Indian Fry Bread. 



The Owls eating..



I love my dewdrops and reflections…
Have a great rest of your week! 






11 comments:

  1. I love these photos, Cheryl. Thanks for sharing some amazing sights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all wonderful, beautiful, and yummy things you have going on in Paradise!! 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific photos, Cheryl. The bread looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John. I finally found a dutch oven recipe that doesn’t take all night. 😉

      Delete
  4. I did not know that song! I haven't seen the movie. Love the dewdrop reflection. My kind of picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well the Big Lebowski is classic and straight up weirdness but I lived it. I love Kenny Rogers when he was with The First Edition. Do you know Tell It All Brother? I have a nice collection of reflection images over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheryl, an unorganized life is wonderful! Like you, I have no desire to go back to a job because, like you, I have plenty of hobbies, friends and social activities to keep me busy. I love the handmade truffle, I bet it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary! Even the simple tasks of living are much more enjoyable when there is no timetable. I might sweep and mop one day and clean the bathroom the next. It’s also lots easier in this studio than a big rambling house. 😉 Those truffles were awesome. That little grape number was a total delightful surprise!

      Delete
    2. Hi Mary! Even the simple tasks of living are much more enjoyable when there is no timetable. I might sweep and mop one day and clean the bathroom the next. It’s also lots easier in this studio than a big rambling house. 😉 Those truffles were awesome. That little grape number was a total delightful surprise!

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts!