Friday, October 16, 2020

The Morning After

 This one seems appropriate to me right now. 


There’s got to be a morning after

if we can hold on through the night.

We have a chance to find the sunshine,

let’s keep on looking for the light. 





It’s not too late
we should be giving
only with love can we climb..
It’s not too late
not while we’re living,
let’s put our hands out in time.

Oh can’t you see the morning after.
We’re moving closer to the shore.
I know we’ll be there by tomorrow
and we’ll escape the darkness,
we won’t be searching anymore....








I chose this version of her live performance during the 1988 MD telethon because I always admired Jerry Lewis and his efforts to support the Muscular Dystrophy Foundation. I volunteered at several locations as a teenager to man phones, make and fetch coffee and anything else that needed to be done.

We need to get back to the busyness of life, of caring and sharing what is important, of lifting one another up rather than constantly tearing each other down. The world needs to reflect the inner beauty of her inhabitants, not the pale imitation that Narcissa has mesmerized so many with. 
I must believe there will be a morning after that is bright with confident hope, deep appreciation and fresh gratitude. 




4 comments:

I love hearing your thoughts!