Thursday, May 6, 2021

Lost/Poetry

 


Lost

Undetected, disconnected..

 ejected,

 dejected..

Rejected? 

The mind knows not the difference

as heart projects such inference-

the weight, so great

and suffocating.

Numbed by free falling,

sudden impact stalling

fear and pain

again

and

again. 

Not alone yet lonely

am I now the only

one who waits for 

finality?

Does anyone see

me?

Can they hear my silent weeping, 

know the vigil I am keeping

lying in wait,

trying to placate

the cruel hand of time,

playing hide and seek

with self doubt,

slipping in and out

of despair-

I need air! 

Lift me up!

Soar beyond the cruel reality

of the World’s limited totality

that I may touch the fiery stars

and be consumed in golden 

reverie.

Then, at last, would they see...

me? 


Cheryl KP Copyright 2021





8 comments:

  1. We do our best to keep track of you. I wouldn’t want to lose sight of the beauty you add to the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dan. I consider my blogging friends some of the best ones in my life. 🙂

      Delete
  2. Thanks Deborah! Sometimes one can feel isolated even in a crowd. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even at a distance you touch our hearts and the knowledge that you are near is comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, Cheryl. The imagery is so soulful!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts!