Friday, November 12, 2021

Castle In Paradise/#ThursdayDoors/#9GoodThings




Okay, I’m late. I know. But I’m sliding in to home plate with my feet flexed and my arms outstretched. One of my outings this week took me to a local landmark, an amazing place that is both hotel, hostel and the only known castle in Central America. While there isn’t a long history involved, this castle is still a very special destination if you are visiting Boquete, Panama. 

Bambuda Castle was established in 2016 and is nestled in the green hills near Baru Volcano, surrounded by coffee farms, hiking trails and gorgeous views as far as the eye can see. 

For more great doors posts visit our host Dan’s blog over at No Facilities



Approaching Bambuda Castle in the rain



1) Lush foliage and flowers surround on all sides



2) This was the first door I spotted. I’d love to walk that path



3) The main entrance door



Every castle has a moat, right? This one has koi in it! Not crocodiles. 😜



Yeah, I love this door. The woodworking here is amazing



Let’s head to the bar and terrace!



4) Breathtaking hardly describes the feeling of standing on the balcony overlooking the surrounding coffee fields with the cool damp air filling your lungs. So crisp! 





5) There is community dining in the evening in this open, welcoming room with the bar at your service. 



It is so easy to settle in with a drink or glass of wine and lose all sense of space and time



The hotel has Tower rooms, Bungalow cabins and even Hobbit House rooms
(Those get my vote, 🀭)
There are hostel style dorm rooms for 8 or 12 people with bunks for $25 or $26 a night



6) I am terribly spoiled by the technicolor 🌸 flowers. 



One of the towers has a side inlaid for rock climbing! 
No, not this one.





Wild orchids are some of my favorite things



Yep, the bar and kitchen



7) Our bartender mixed up some great cocktails with gin and fresh rosemary



Salud! 



8) What a great place to enjoy the sunset



And then we had to say goodbye. For now. 


Number 9?


The new bird board that Les, the man who owns our apartments and created this beautiful little oasis with his companion Julie, put up for my little friends. They love it! 



And the bonus was this sweet anniversary gift from Julie.  


Take a look at the video for Bambuda Castle. And if you happen to be in the neighborhood….

πŸ€—❤️

20 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Thanks for asking us along to the castle. It is beautiful and I’m with you on the entrance door. I love seeing wooden doors like that, I can almost imagine the satisfaction in building such a masterpiece. The hotel looks like a great place to stay. I would certainly enjoy the views.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dan! I have no doubt you would love the views, the quiet, the birds…It’s nice that we could just go in for the drinks and view also.

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary! The door and castle are wonderful! I loved seeing all foliage, and interiors of the castle, and I loved the Tanagers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deborah. I really hope we get to spend a night there in the future. It is a quite unique and beautiful place. I love the tanagers.

      Delete
  3. Incredibly beautiful spot! And I love the picture of your bird!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so special, Pam. I feel very lucky to have visited it. The birds give me smiles every day.

      Delete
  4. You are not late. The rest of world is running early. Love the moat protected by koi castle and the energy efficient t-shirt. PS it is good to see you on the right side of the bar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, must be that whole DST that’s missing here. πŸ˜‰One of the most admirable things about Central America is how rarely you see any native citizen get worked up about anything. ‘Tranquillo’ is the word to describe the philosophy. Yeah, I like the drinking part too. 😜

      Delete
  5. Happy Anniversary, Cheryl. Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this report from paradise. Plenty of lovely glimpses, including all the doors from the first on and, your energy efficient bartender and what he made. :D Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Manja. I hope things are beautiful in your world. 😊

      Delete
  7. Looks like such a peaceful place. Beautiful doors!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly is amazing. Thanks for stopping by! πŸ™‚

      Delete
  8. What a beautiful landscape for those doors! (K)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they use only the best hardwood from here because anything else wouldn’t hold up to the climate. Thanks for visiting. The landscape is breathtaking.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Hi Linda. Thanks for stoping by. It was a really great place.

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts!