Monday, November 15, 2021

So Many Good Things! #9GoodThings

 


I’ve been bad. But only because it’s been so good. I didn’t post yesterday, but not because I had no good things. In fact, there were so many good things in one place that we were ready for a nap when we got home. 

We were invited to go up to another gorgeous spot near Boquete with amazing views and the most lovely restaurant/hotel. This time, our dear friend Julie took us with her to Hacienda Los Molinos, about 15 miles outside of Boquete. To say that this country club area is amazing would be an understatement. Someone found the perfect spot to build the community. Standing on the lawn of the clubhouse you get a 360 view of the mountains and canyons of the area as well as two waterfalls. There is even a hike you can take down to the waterfall. No, we didn’t do it on this trip but I definitely want to go back-and hike I will! 

If you click on the link you will see a video of the hotel and the breathtaking nature there. Meanwhile, you know I took photos. I’ll try to keep it to nine. Honestly up there I lost track of how many wonderful things there were.

But the very first good thing happened before we left the house. A video call from my little monkey back in the states. That boy sure makes me smile. 



 


Hey Bug! 



The most visible of the waterfalls



The clubhouse at Los Molinos



A panorama shot of the canyon



The pool… so natural. No hubby and I didn’t swim.
We want to go back and spend a night. 



The pool area includes an outdoor covered dining area, lounging tables near the pool and another bar which was closed.



View beyond the dining room



My very yummy Complete Bourbon Experience. Wake up, John Howell! Although not made with Woodford Reserve it was a unique smoky delight.. with real smoke uncorked at the table. 



A tasty chicken wrap for me, the Canyon Burger for him




I love waterfalls. 



But the best good thing? You’re lookin at it. Another day together. Thanks Julie! 
Let’s hear about your good things. 😀



10 comments:

  1. It is a very good thing to be this early posting on such a good day. Thanks Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how happy you guys are in paradise. It makes me feel good to see these pictures, especially the ones of you and your hubs. Keep enjoying life! And thanks for bringing us along for the walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😊We appreciate the moral support Dan. Every day is a different kind of adventure. I’ll keep posting as long as yiu guys enjoy the ride. 👍🏻

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you share such beauty with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woodford Reserve is darned good stuff but when I really want special I pick Willett. That smoke was a nice twist. Good looking place, Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would enjoy it, John. My preferred regular is Tullamore Dew but most often settle for Jameson. I had a bottle of Blanton’s once. This one I believe was made with Kentucky Honey Maker’s Mark. I has a smoky Ild Fashioned once that was awful. I think they used smoked whiskey and smoked ice. He k they may have splashed liquid smoke in it because it was like licking a stick of burned firewood. This on the other hand was nice. Blood Orange overtones with the fresh smoke. If you used a straw you didn’t taste it. I liked both. 👍🏻

      Delete
    2. I found a home smoking device which I'm going to pass on. 😁

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts!