Thursday, January 13, 2022

In the Chapel #ThursdayDoors

 Here it is Thursday again (already 😱) and time for sharing doors along with our host Dan of No Facilities . This is a fun weekly prompt. If you follow the link to Dan’s place you get check out the rules and see some very cool submissions as well as meeting many amazing bloggers. 

When we found this beautiful little place to live, there were many signs for me, personally, that left no question as to whether or not we should take it. Being spiritually inclined and seeking fellowship in this intrinsically connected universe, I pay attention to such signs. 

Among them was the fact that there is, just outside my window, a beautiful shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe. She holds a special place in my heart as part of my growth and initial exploration into the world of miracles. Okay, I’ll post an image just because it is so lovely and special to me. 



Our Lady of Guadalupe. This shrine established in 2010. Several of the local churches take turns caring for the shrine but if it gets too littered with debris I sweep it as well.



It is very serene at night but you lose some detail. There is more clarity in the daylight but then you get reflections. She was very busy during the holidays and there are still a fair amount of folks who make their mini pilgrimage to leave flowers or just sit awhile and visit beneath her gaze. It can get kind of noisy but I don’t mind. It is happy noise and all mothers love that. ❤️



On the property there is the sweetest little chapel. Our landlord said after the sale of the property at one point it was being used for storage. Then a man moved into one of the apartments, cleaned it up and uses it for meditation. I hope to be able to also do that very soon. We did get inside a couple of days ago and what he did in there is beautiful.



Here’s my ‘official’ door. The view is lovely looking out or looking in. 



There is an altar, candles and nearly every religious representation you can imagine. I absolutely love the universality of it. There is even a statue of Poseidon behind the altar.



Of course this hand painted piece is my favorite.



The floor is hand laid with native stone and the benches are handmade using native wood.



The wooden chandelier seen in the previous photo has candles and can be lowered or raised. 





Can you see the many representations of deities and practices intermingled?
If only we could manage this so well a,ong ourselves as children of the Universe.



It is a peaceful place that I hope to spend more time in very soon. 



It seemed fitting that the Bajareque arcoiris (rainbow) seemed to end just about the chapel. God’s promise is real. We just have to believe in miracles and pay attention when they appear. 

Here are two of my favorite chapel related songs. The first is very reverent and the second is a fun tune about romantic love. 


I had to use this one because it is the original and therefore I love it. I also want to share The King’s version because it is very worthy and heartfelt. 




My oldest sister loved this song. She epitomized the 60’s to and I longed to be part of it. Alas, by the time I reached the age of real participation, society had moved forward beyond the idealistic revolution that was the Flower Power Age of Revolution




Congrats, Teagan, on providing the new badge! 

12 comments:

  1. These are wonderful, Cheryl. I love the woodwork in and around that chapel. I do like the fact that they made it universal. Everyone embraces the spirit in their own way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dan. I wish you could see it in person. Can you imagine what it would be like if all of humanity walked in gratitude and thankfulness, honoring Spirit as one thought, one energy, one love?

      Delete
  2. Terrific Cheryl. I live the shots of the chapel. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s a sweet little place John. Thanks for stopping by. 🙂

      Delete
  3. Wonderful, colorful photos, Cheryl. Hugs on the wing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the grooves, the doors and the arcoiris. In Italian it is called arcobaleno.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 😀I always love the parallels between the Spanish and Italian languages. Take care Manja! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are those Buddhist prayer flags in front of the altar? What a great place for meditation!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts!