Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Those Were the Days..#1LinerWed

Why the cliche’ title? Because now I am finally old enough to feel this way. I have always cherished memories, but sweet and bittersweet; but the train has finally pulled into the station marked ‘Memory Lane’ for me. So many places, so many friends, so much sweetness. I don’t think of the sorrows for they obstruct my view of the present. As the train rolls down the tracks, these moments slip past the windows in a blur. I long to revisit them but know memories are sweetest when viewed in the rearview mirror of time. I am thankful I’m a ‘photo hoarder’ as I have been called. And I think a few others are as well. They can curse me when I’m gone.. and weep. πŸ“ΈπŸŽ₯πŸ“ΌπŸ’»

And as much as my mother and sister didn’t like this song, it is the one playing non stop in my head right now. 






Walking my Daddy through eye surgery



My favorite dog.. ever. Cheyenne


This gang. Can you spot my favorite guy here? 



What happens in Costa Rica should stay in Costa Rica!


We met more wild than mild..



Family..


And friends from everywhere we lived..


Foster families from school days



Those shades, bro..


There were warm oatmeal cookies in that bag I have death grip on. I thought they were all mine. Boy, was I mistaken..


Monkey love..



Stepping out of my comfort zone to do a poetry slam



My sis! 


These guys… trying get the attention of the gulls…🀦‍♀️



It’s such a beautiful life…



The Barba Roja gang! 


The moon turns red..



Our buddy Mike, the main reason we chose Costa Rica back then



And this guy. Miss you, Daddy ❤️


Sam..


I am in love with camping and rivers and.. oh yeah, my kids. 
And butterflies!



That time we got tattooed together. You guys da best! 



My butterfly soul screaming to emerge.. at least on Halloween



So many Mardi Gras days..



Wait! Wait.. I only have one banana! 



Birthday buddy for life! 



Dudes, you make me smile.


Never too old to make new friends



The only wedding dress I ever wore. Didn’t like it. It pricked my skin. 
The hair, oh Lord, the hair!



Snack love..



The minuscule magnificence..


Friends who held me up


And shared treasured moments with me



New beginnings are the sweetest..


❤️❤️❤️


A mission trip


Best friends forever


I’m Cheryl. Fly me…🀦‍♀️


Being grandparents


Family gatherings in the time of Covid


All the little bunnies..


Professional friends that support you


Was I ever really six?? That cake was tinted mint green. 
And it was chocolate.😊



Too many treasures, great and small
for me to show you or count them all
I shall go on collecting them though
to leave sweet memories behind
When I go..

Hasta la juego, mi amigos! 



I do miss my WP slide show option…




10 comments:

  1. You must have had so much fun doing this! I love the photos - especially the bubble...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many moments, so much fun. I love bubbles! That one came from a Dawn bottle, serendipitously waiting for me to get my camera in focus.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful memories. I won’t ask how many tears went into thos post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ". .. moments slip past the windows in a blur." I love this line! I do cherish my memories and the actions that cemented them onto my brain. And hopefully I will make many more… I remember that song and yes now it is running through my brain in a loop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know. I’m afraid my ‘life in review’ is going to stall the line at the pearly gates.πŸ˜„

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fabulous memories, Cheryl! You've always been a butterfly whisperer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Deborah. That makes me smile. πŸ₯°

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts!