Wednesday, April 13, 2022

All In Good Time #1LinerWednesday

There are a lot of things happening in Paradise, but there are not as many as you might think that involve sitting around. BUT.. many involve some form of eating or drinking. The abundance of beautiful, fresh produce here from all the local farms makes it possible to enjoy so many treats. Fresh salads, veggies, smoothies, etc. My favorite fun fruit is one I consider a delicacy. The passionfruit lends itself to so many culinary delights. It pairs well with chocolate and makes a wonderful icing for dark chocolate cake. Combined with coconut or mango, passionfruit is the life of the party. 

And when it comes to liquor, some of my favorite specialty drinks have a passionfruit base. So, I figure, with time and the availability of this luscious fruit, why not make some passionfruit liqueur?  I found a no fuss recipe and all the ingredients were easy to come by. It is basically a two step process and the most difficult part is waiting. The smell is heavenly and it looks so pretty in the bottle on the counter. It takes a month total and I just keep telling myself..



All in good time…



🥰

8 comments:

  1. I don’t know that I’ve ever had passion fruit. But if it’s enough to want in a liquor, in a drink and on a cake, it must be pretty good. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s very sour but once sweetened the flavor is so intense. It is a very interesting fruit.

      Delete
  2. I am just salivating thinking about it! You'll have to let us know how it all works out. Waiting patiently…

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ll be sure to follow up Pam. It will be end of the month! 👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll have to show us the drink you make with your homemade liqueur and let us know how it tastes.
    Patience Grasshopper. 😀😉🥂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay Deborah! I’ve had it before and it makes a nice addition to martinis, margaritas and is lovely over ice. Yes, Master. Patience in all things serves us well. 🙂

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts!