Thursday, June 30, 2022

All Doors Are Open #ThursdayDoors

Happy Thursday everyone. Now that Dan’s projects are slowing down a bit, we are back to regular Thursday Doors posts and I am joining in today. I hope you all enjoyed his Knuckleheads the Dreamer’s Alliance book tour. I know I did! 

One thing I love about Boquete is that nearly all doors in town are open all the time. Exceptions are pharmacies, banks and laboratories. I’ve been trying to remember to take more doors photos but I am normally focused on the stimulus at hand.

Recently we spent a few hours in town and had a nice lunch at one of our favorite places. Isabella’s Bakery is a gem. Not only do they make some of the sweetest treats in town, but their food fare is amazingly creative, delicious and fresh. 

Have a look! 




The ‘open door’ policy is in effect at Isabella’s, as well as the continued requirement of masks at indoor places or around groups of people. 



I love their ‘people policy’ πŸ€—πŸ₯°



Hubs had their Fried Chicken Sandwich which comes with homemade coleslaw, ketchup and advertises a ‘slathering’ of maple syrup. He asked for the syrup on the side. It really is as good as it looks. 



I’ve had the chicken sandwich before and opted for the Chicken Caesar Wrap which comes with giant croutons on it too! πŸ˜‹ 
They come with Rosemary fries but honestly I don’t taste any rosemary which is stellar because a little of that mighty herb goes a long way. They were just plain good. 
Oh, and hey Dan, they serve breakfast all day as do several of the restaurants. One place that we enjoy only serves breakfast and closes at 2.

Let’s see if I can find a few more open doors around here before I go…



Our favorite produce stand has added a restaurant attachment, specializing in fried chicken. We haven’t had it yet, mostly due to to the fact it doesn’t open until 3 pm every day.



Our newest favorite Vivero (garden center) near David



The Smurf Cave Peruvian restaurants. There are actually half a dozen little Peruvian places in. Boquete but this one and one other have been our favorites so far. You can see why. 
I had my first Pisco Sour at the other place recently and OMG! πŸ₯°



I was kind of nervous about the raw egg white but no ill effects were noted. I loved it so much that I visited the liquor store to snag a bottle of Pisco, which is a Peruvian kind of brandy made from grapes. The bottle I got has fig notes to it which I love. I’m still on the fence about the egg whites, especially since eggs re not washed here and therefore not refrigerated at the store. I do keep mine in the fridge though. 



See that open rear door behind me? The front one is too which makes for a nice breeze.



They even fancy up mashed potatoes. Yeah, I loved every one of those fried shrimp. I don’t get a lot of them down here. 
Please stop by Dan’s blog to catch up on all the doors posts and join the fun. 

And how about something beautiful to make your Thursday brighter? 




☺️


13 comments:

  1. An open door always makes me feel welcome. It's like a friend beckoning me in for a good cup of tea and a biscuit. Love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Pam. And when there is a closed door, one must know the difference between ‘impuje’ (push) and ‘hale’ (pull). I just revert back to my school days of memorization association. Empuje sounds very much like push! πŸ™‚

      Delete
  2. Boy, am I glad I read this after lunch! The food and drink look tasty. I love the open door policy you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when doors are open and we get to go inside, even when it's a virtual tour. These are great doors, but that chicken sandwich is making me hungry (and I just ate). I love finding favorite little places to eat, especially breakfast places. Every time I see you in your photos, I am so happy you guys are there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dan. These restaurants have a good handle on burgers and sandwiches. I think you’d be happy with the breakfast offerings here. Thanks for your support ofour dream. 😊

      Delete
  4. Open doors, food, and a hummer. Winner, winner, that last little guy is not your chicken dinner !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! No way John! I am his faithful sugar water supplier.πŸ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great door post, Cheryl. The food looks great and I loved that water shot behind the garden center

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. I’m not seeing the water shot, John. Thanks. πŸ™‚

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love bakeries and food but how on earth could your husband even fit that sandwich in his mouth?? It's enormous! :-)

    janet

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was a tight fit but we had one larger than that last week at another place. Also he cut it in half. πŸ˜‰Thanks Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that's a hearty sandwich! I don't know how long it's been since I had a fried chicken sandwich?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely above average! Nice to see you you here. Thanks!

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts!