Thursday, July 7, 2022

Swim Away… #ThursdayDoors

Today I am channeling my inner mermaid. From the Florida logs I am sharing this door. She called to me from the shadows of a little curio shop. 




The second image is painted across an insignificant building in downtown Boquete, Panama. 
I think she makes it rather magnificent.




When the noises start to blare
and the empty faces stare
with soulless eyes
 that can’t disguise
the madness
inside

Exhausted from the trying
the senseless endless lying-
the clapping back
obvious lack
of reason
or rhyme

It’s time to cease your casting,
the swine are everlasting.
Gather your pearls
and leave the churls
still yapping,
snapping

Put them back inside the chest
and forgetting all the rest
join me below
where we will know
sweet repose
and close

the door
no more
discourse-
the force
of light
so bright!
calm,
balm

I think I’ll stay down here awhile. How about you? 





This, after too many attempts to express, reason and understand the incomprehensible this week. 

Please hop over to his blog to join the fun and meet other great bloggers. While you’re there check out his new book series Knuckleheads the Dreamer’s Alliance series
You’ll be glad you did! 





10 comments:

  1. What a lovely post, Cheryl. I think that door was painted to attract your spirit. Thanks for sharing them with us today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dan. I do love the ocean..

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes me imagine that I can smell the brine, feel the whisper of the wind and hear the call of the waves. As always, thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And as always, thank you Pam, for sharing my moments.

      Delete
  4. Super poem and doors. Yes I think I'll stay with you down here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s just so quiet.. and peaceful. And the colors! 😱Thanks John.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your doors, Cheryl! Your poem is sensational. My granddaughter who will be five in September, loves the Disney movie the Little Mermaid. She could "read" the story by looking at the pictures. She can sing the Aerial song in perfect tune!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Miriam! Thanks. I think that’s fantastic about your granddaughter. I have twin granddaughters who were obsessed with Frozen. And Moana. I loved Moana. I’m glad you enjoyed the poem.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts!