Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Once an Optician...




Always an optician...

For a dedicated optician, glasses repair is as ingrained as haircutting is to a stylist. It may no longer be my primary function; but a pair in peril is paramount, even if Lilliputian in size. 
While taking a New Year’s Eve stroll down Flagler Avenue, we found this damaged and abandoned pair of glam glasses. Of course I had to take my ‘random’ pic for that post theme, but I could never leave a pair of eye soldiers behind and scooped them up to take home. 
We had a tame but nice celebration, even stopping into a little Irish Pub for some whiskey to ring in 2020. 



My bucket list (almost) way to ring in the new year. A real Irish Pub in Ireland floats at the rim of that bucket list, just waiting to be realized. Maybe later this year. ☘️  

We made it home just before sunset and watched movies as the temps dropped outside and we waited for midnight. The best part was getting to see and hear fireworks from my patio! At midnight we could hear all the horns, whistles, shouts, booms and pops just feet away from our own Christmas tree and warm living room. At my age, that is a stellar celebration. 



We even turned on the mini Ben my son and his girlfriend gave us from their England trip recently! 


When I emptied my pocket, I remembered my little golden treasure and decided to brush off those adjusting skills and salvage the tiny pair of glasses.  



Now, when I say tiny...I mean tiny...



And repair them I did, even without a wand or magic spell. 😉

Now Beach Barbie has some glam to stun the sea turtles! Happy 2020 everyone! I envision positive change for all of us this brand new 365. 2020 has to be the Year of the Visionary, for all of our sakes. Let’s all try to see a more unified, enlightened human race in this most auspicious decade. 
Meanwhile, keep your eyes on the tiny treasures and simple pleasures you can find in each moment. Sometimes it’s good to just be “Barbie”. 💕
Pssst....I think she got into her photo shoot after a bit. 



This post is brought to you as part of Linda Hill’s OneLinerWed prompt  and also the JusJoJan event she hosts yearly. Visit Linda’s site for all her great prompts and meet other terrific bloggers there. 
Meanwhile, go out and start living like it’s 2020! 

Love and Light,
Cheryl



I want to thank my friend Dan, over at No Facilities for his help directing our mutual friends this way. I appreciate it Dan! He is also the best technical advisor ever. 😀















10 comments:

  1. It's good to see you can still repair the specs, even in miniature. Barbie looks pleased. Looks like the new year rolled in well. I hope the first day is going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s been good Dan. How was your marathon? Pssst...I haven’t started taking down the tree yet. 🙊🙈

      Delete
    2. We leave the tree up until January 7th (Orthodox Christmas).

      The marathon was fun. It's always good to see the episodes arranged by someone else, and to follow along on Twitter.

      Delete
    3. That’s nice. One year before I met you I left our tree up until late Spring, changing the decorations with each holiday. It made a mighty fine Mardi Gras tree.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! There may be tweaks to come but I like it here. Hope your first day of 2020 has been wonderful.

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts!