Saturday, October 10, 2020

Where Am I? #SoCS

 


Where is the clarity
that once was me?
I held it firmly in my grasp
only hours ago.

My mind is a blur
and the world a whir
of inconsistent incongruity
of poorest quality.

Free falling I grope
for the elusive rope
of sanity that defined my
purpose in living.

The world seems to be
of low to medium quality,
although with every breath I
whisper words of hope.

My mantra now and always
“Seek your joy in all the days”
for each could be the last
you’ll know its gifts.

Of late I’m feeling older
as humanity grows colder-
a pale reflection of  myself
without direction. 

Doppelgängers, she and I,
in battle for the me and my
that guide ourselves
into our destiny. 

Medium defines it well
as far as either one can tell.
We patiently observe and wait 
for wonderful to slay the Awful beast. 

Then, arising, we devour
 every new and waking hour-
a Phoenix from the ash of 
 dark and dour.


CKP copyright words and image
2020
 
Today’s post is in response to Linda Hill’s prompt ‘medium’



7 comments:

  1. "Whisper words of hope...seek your joy in all the days." Words we can live by even in these troubling times, Cheryl. Joy to you, today, and in the coming week. :-) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary. I write to remind myself what matters. Only shared wisdom is ever really understood. I wish the same for you.

      Delete
  2. I hear you and I see you. You will not disappear. You matter too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Pam. I often feel invisibility ism suoerpowe. 😕 So etimes itis a lonely place. 🤗💕

      Delete
    2. Whoa! Typo city there.’invisibility is my superpower, sometimes it is a lonely place.’ 🤦‍♀️

      Delete
  3. Nice job with the prompt, Cheryl. Seeking joy and reasons for hope are important things we do for ourselves. I hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dan. I am fully expecting the best outcomes. 🙂

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts!