Friday, November 20, 2020

Preservation Revelation

 


More meanderings from the minuscule mind of creative madness...


It occurs to me,
most suddenly,
when faced with life’s unraveling-
the end to which I am traveling,
how very much we brutalize our living
by the need of acquisition.

Things, like strings
and dragonfly wings
to
polished, promised
golden rings. 

Photos snapped to catch a smile-
a tear! 
freezing a moment because we fear
it may never happen again. 
Letters and cards
etched with promises of love
stacked in a box
without locks
or keys.
Perhaps that is why they often slip away.

Mirrors that encourage, confirm and judge
while our intuition hides in waiting,
trembling with her truth
as the ego-satiating
mind lies.

Gold tarnishes
as the skin
begins to fold
and images fade,
the paper old 
and worn.
Letters torn
in anger, sorrow
as tomorrow
taunts with 
empty vows,
the nows
fade into later
and later...

How grand to be
possession free
and sitting still
with free will
to breathe.
In. Out. 
In. Out.

To see with eyes of love,
connect with all that exists,
to move and not resist
the river’s flow.
Take nothing,
keep nothing,
be nothing.

I can feel the heartbeat of Existence
when I am silent.
It cares not that I am transient
in this dream
and knows that life is more than it would seem.
How grand to rise from deep within
her heart
and reaching for the light I 
break the earth apart-
Breathe...
In. Out.
In. Out.

To laugh when the wind tickles my face,
and bask in the glow of sunlight.
Breathe...
In. Out.
In. Out.

To weep with the rain,
know joy without pain,
seeing every thing as it is-
each a piece of the magnificent image
in the thought of Creation.

The end, then, 
not an end.
I do not know if I am old or faded,
my tender soul not weary or jaded.
Acceptance takes me into the abyss
to the arms of peaceful loving bliss.

Am I faded? 
Wounded?
Young, old?
I have not been told!
I am loved, 
Eternal,
lingering....
I have lived
and will go on! 

Cheryl KP 
Copyright 2020





10 comments:

  1. You are loved, and you clearly understand the beauty found in that love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🙂 Thanks Dan.Life is such a process isn’t it?

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful and poignant, Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deborah. I have struggled with inspiration for a time. It seems to have found me once again.

      Delete
  3. Lovely. Thank you for sharing my friend.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts!