Thursday, December 10, 2020

Walking Views/Doors and More #ThursdayDoors

 Wow! Where did that week go? There is a misconception about being ‘retired in paradise’. There is actually work to living simply unless of course you are very wealthy and pay others to take care of everything for you. I see no fun in that, I suppose because I get great satisfaction in a job well done and work that actually improves my way of living rather than someone else’s. And still, here, we don’t have to keep up the property where this little home sits, so yard upkeep is out of the picture. My hubs certainly considers that a benefit of retirement and not owning your own place. 

We do have to work at boundaries for those beautiful creatures that we share our planet with. They really like coming inside and well, I just don’t want to sleep with them. He is currently finding a weather stripping solution for the crevices that they always manage to slip through. I mean, this morning, this guy tried to steal my seat on the porch!




😱🙈😱


What I see is that life should be about surviving together, sharing resources, talents and bounty. Somewhere along the way humans lost total sight of that and gave in to working so that they might earn money to buy what they need and desperately want while making someone else extremely wealthy. I don’t know, is the system merely modern day sharecropping? I think not because even at its birth the sharecropping family had a portion of land that was theirs to work. But, the governing powers and religious institutions kept digging into their pockets more and more for taxes and contributions. Back then if you didn’t donate to the Church you could be charged with heresy and executed. Think about it. Not much has changed over the centuries except the actual numbers and the extent to which we feel we are willing to sacrifice our health, sanity and dignity. 

Oh yes! My doors. We had business in town and since we don’t yet have a vehicle we took a cab ride for the less than five mile ride down the mountain. I really love town trips, especially if our to-do list is short, meaning we have more time to explore and walk around. Even when we have a vehicle it is more fun and interesting to walk the streets. Okay, so here are some of the Boquete doors we found that I really liked. There are a few gratuitous extra images at the end, sorry, Dan. Just to help wash away the ugly bug impression. 😉




Our new friends say this is a great place. All operating food and shopping venues here follow strict MINSA regulations with regard to Covid19. 




These open doors reveal great produce and a few local shopping options




This door is one of several outside a grocery/hardware store called Mandarin




Being old opticians and with my lengthy history in the eye business, we are always intrigued by optical shops.




This statue is in the garden at the center of the little produce plaza. I just love this giant cup. 




On a side street, very ornate in metal, presumably gating a community of apartments




Door to a stairway over a business. A lot of people live above their businesses. I’d like that! 



Artsy door to a business





There is a door leading inside this restaurant where we had the most peaceful and delicious breakfast experience.



Good coffee! Great view. Meditation music playing softly in the background. 




That garden was so beautiful. There was a Christmas tree too. I picked the spot closest to outside. 😊



Beneath that flower is a marvelous waffle!


Huevos Rancheros, Panamena. 
Those thick style grilled tortillas were perfect beneath the fried eggs, fresh ranchero sauce and the best cheese ever! 

Happy Thursday folks. For more great doors posts, hop over to our host, Dan Antion’s, blog at nofacilities.com. Normally I put a link in but blogger, or my computer, is glitching and not working properly. Sorry, Dan. 









8 comments:

  1. I took care of the link for you, Cheryl. I wouldn't want people to miss these doors. I love them, and I really like that giant cup! The restaurant looks wonderful, and the breakfast is making me hungry. I hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Dan. I appreciate that so much! It made me hungry too. I just cooked up some tostones and made nachos. 🙂

      Delete
  2. I love the door guarding the stairway. Are you back in CR? I must have missed the post where you told us you were moving again.

    Is that a Hibiscus bloom on your waffle? It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that one too. No we are in Panama.i didn’t really make a formal announcement. Yes, a huge hibiscus bloom, fresh off the bush. I hated to leave it on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the silver door best! I don't mind sharing my world with other creatures, I just they would 'share' a little further away! hahaha Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My motto is “I stay out of your casa, you stay out of mine!” When it comes to biting, stinging critters. Happy Friday, Pam.

      Delete
  5. Gave me a great idea for tomorrow's lunch---if I can wait that long lol

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts!