Thursday, August 5, 2021

Peace, Love and Catfish #ThursdayDoors

 Hi All, 

I’m stepping up my game this week. Two posts in one week is a new record for me. I’d love to return to normal eventually. 

In keeping with what appears to be a theme with me, my doors are often just the tip of the iceberg for my post content and today is no exception. 

We were invited to join family and friends for a camping excursion at the Platte River. In our life raising children we have camped many ways-tents mostly with a few cabin events. As we get older, tenting is less desirable but cabins with primitive setups outside are the best. This place measures top of the scale for me and the cabin chosen was in a perfect spot. It was on a hill overlooking the lake with a short path to a beautiful grassy hollow where hammocks could be hung and there was a cool breeze in the shade. A few more steps to the lake and you could cast your line.  Everyone caught catfish, including moi! It was my first time to actually fish and even though I hurled the rod at the hubs to reel him in, it was a respectable fish. Sadly, it was catch and release only. Everyone kept hooking a fish and after awhile we joked that it must be the same two fish who were thrill seekers coming back again and again. 😜😂

Here are a few images from our Sunday fun day excursion, complete with a hike to a rather small waterfall that was situated in a lovely spot.

For more great doors posts, be sure to visit our host Dan Antion’s place



This was a most important door. 



Such a peaceful setting




One of my favorite guys! ❤️



This guy is an ace fisherman.


Our event planner and resident sweetheart.



Haaaaayyyy..



Paw Paw tales



This was a bodacious fire! 


Got corn?



The firemaster! 



She put together an awesome selection of possibilities for our ‘hobo packs’. So yummy! 



This one was mine! Yeah, I had to have a friend set him free. 



Our fishing spot. 



They heard my Cheeze It bag rustle. 🤦‍♀️



Beautiful new winged friend



Okay, more doors. The cabin was ‘modern’ but rustic enough for me.



This is where the coffee and yummies happen. 





My favorite door-the great  ‘out’doors. 😀


Beautiful Japanese beetle landed on the hammock beside us.



We found the trickle-I mean-waterfall! 



Enough to dip one’s toes into.



And such a beautiful place



My hiking partners. 



Lead onward men, lead on…






6 comments:

  1. These are wonderful photos, Cheryl. I love the doors and the family shots. It looks like you all had a very good time. Your fish was impressive, but you certainly hooked a winner on that earlier cast ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dan. The darned video I added at the bottom didn’t ‘take’ even I just tried again. 🙄

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an incredible place tucked away from the world. I would love to spend time there. Recharging my batteries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You would fit right in with the peaceful serene vibe, Pam. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like it was a wonderful time filled with laughter, good fishin, doors, and love. 🥰

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts!