Saturday, December 4, 2021

Blast From the Past #SoCS

 Today’s prompt for Linda Hill’s SoCS is rev to be used as a word or as part of a word. I am taking the easy road today, doing what I love most in sharing my life of photography. For this #SoCS I have decided to revisit some of my favorite places, moments and happenings. I hope you enjoy the view. 



So many moons…



Visiting sacred indigenous sites at Etowah Mounds, GA



The peacocks of Fountain of Youth Park, St Augustine, FL



Oh how many of these…🤭❤️



Sitting up half the night waiting for the night cereus to bloom..
Queen of the Night



Sharing my birthdays with this guy. Every year! ❤️❤️



Squirrel food frenzies during park lunches



Moonshine in the mountains of Costa Rica. 😂



Seeing the love in Nature



Quetzal spotting in Savegre, CR



Always…every moment with my Dad..



Making a quilt for my grandson



Spending one entire Summer photographing balancing dragonflies



Meeting Cat Stevens in high school.



Parasailing in Manuel Antonio, CR



Being with Daddy through his cataract surgery, best day of my career.



Helping to rescue this neglected sweetie in Quepos, CR
 


The Hummers…



Moments with my sons



Happy feet!



The night cereus has a heavenly aroma for a few hours, but gone by sunrise, the bloom wilting



Sharing my jungle deck with furry friends



Climbing the lighthouse steps..again and again



Waterfalls of La Paz at Peace Lodge, CR



Spending Christmas with these freaky dudes..



Welcoming our youngest grandson into the family. Hello Bug! 



Making jewelry



Precious family time



Art projects



Blowing bubbles..



Every second spent with my best buddy ❤️



Having lunch with these best buddies



Seeing my children fall in love and happy beyond words




A long awaited wedding



Languid days in magical glass houses in CR



Trainspotting



Every perfect sunset I was blessed to witness



My GQ Bowler. 😉



We could learn a lot from our friends the sloths



Meeting Richard Petty, an all time red letter day!



Even the beasts take home doggie bags..🤭



Seeing the Native American World Hoop Dance performed at a pow wow in Florida



All of Nature’s ‘Uh oh’ moments



Being chosen for badge contest winner once! 
I miss my praying monkeys



Witnessing love in the wild.. 💃🏼



Watching these guys fight with their own reflections. Doh! 🤦‍♀️



Meeting new tree friends everywhere. Touching them increases harmony within my own vibrations





It’s a girl! Child number 6 in that family!



Spending a few reverent moments with this brand new baby Osprey, still wet and fresh from his Mama’s nest. It was breathtaking.



Up close and personal at the Butterfly Garden in Oviedo, FL






So many toasts,  so many fun occasions in this little tavern in Lincoln, NE
I revere every moment that I am alive, looking for the special gifts to be found in them. Thanks for sharing these with me today. 








Love is all around us..



Can you feel it? 





In my life….I’ve loved them all..






12 comments:

  1. It was such fun wandering through your memories, Cheryl. Such great times you've had and I love how you pay attention to all the little things that make life special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dan. The toughest part is passing over so many more that were brilliant. Maybe next time…🙂

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you revisited these places and took us along with you. Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The truly wealthy measure their riches in memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magic moments for sure Cheryl. I loved seeing these memories. Thanks. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John. I have had so many rich experiences. Glad you enjoyed this collection.

      Delete
  5. So many happy moments. Thanks Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, John. Thanks for taking time to share them here.

      Delete
  6. Lovely photos and memories, Cheryl. The peacock looks like part evergreen, I love the family photos best and I'm saying "cheers" over the adult refreshment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. Those peacocks, as well as that day, were amazing. Cheers!

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts!