Saturday, February 5, 2022

Another Brilliant Day #SoCS

 I’m glad I made it in time for Linda Hill’s #SoCSprompt. This week her prompt is page. But, before that I just wanted to share a bit of my day with all of you that are still dealing with Winter’s fickle hormones.



Breakfast seems the best place to start..



And a morning visitor..



My new daisies shining! 



A walk down the mountain..



Bambuda Castle



She let me get a few pics..



Garden center by the river



Lots of our favorites there. 



Night blooming Cereus is my favorite. And Devil’s Walking stick, more daisies..



Last but not least I tried a new recipe since we have miles of bananas! 
Chocolate Banana Bread. OMG! 😱😱😱

Oh yeah…the prompt. How about my favorite Seger song? 👏🏻👏🏻






12 comments:

  1. Sweet, I used this song today too. It's the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is isn’t it? Thanks for stopping by! 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, Cheryl. The scenes all look so peaceful and relaxed. That banana bread looks sinful. Great song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dan. It was a good day! We walked down the mountain, grabbed some plants, hit the Super Erika and got a taxi back up. We snagged some sweet plants. That banana bread will be my new go to. Soooo good!

      Delete
  4. It looks like you had a fabulous day! The breakfast is tempting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I did enjoy it. We love simple good breakfast. Thanks for visiting my log!

      Delete
  5. Hi Cheryl,
    Shame I couldn't try your chocolate banana bread. It sounds divine.I made an Apricot Pie last night which I was pleased with. I haven't been doing as much baking this year as covid's running rampant and I'm lying low for awhile.
    Hope you have a great week.
    Best wishes,
    Rowena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rowena. I don’t blame you. One (of the many) reasons we chose our move here was to be out of the fury of Covid in the states. This recipe will be my new go-to for banana bread. It is exactly as the author described which is rare these days. Moist, chocolaty with hints of butter and salt. I added walnuts and coconut to the top. Stay well and thanks so much fo stopping by! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice, Cheryl! Love the daisies and photos of the countryside. It gives me a little warmth in the midst of winter.
    The chocolate banana bread? Yum! I think I can taste it from here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, you need this recipe! It is now my go to banana bread recipe. I’ll IM it to you on IG. 😉

      Delete
  8. The food and chocolate banana bread look delicious! Your walk down the mountain looks beautiful as do your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Deborah, just another day of beauty and joy in paradise. 🤗

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts!