Thursday, October 27, 2022

Doors to Magnificence #ThursdayDoors

I am boarding the #ThursdayDoors train on time today for a change. This weekly event is hosted by Dan Antion. Follow the link to his blog for some really interesting doors and meet the other participants. While you’re there be sure to check the link to his newly published book, Knuckleheads, the first installment of his Dreamer’s Alliance series. You’ll love this book! 

We have taken a couple of fun adventures this week and as is typical in this part of the world, they are normally outdoor excursions. But we did pop inside for food so I have doors for you. I hope everyone is having a great week and will have an even better weekend.



Last week we needed something for the car…



While in David we tried out a different restaurant. It was a quaint place and the people were nice but the pizza fell short. Ah well….



Kitchen doors and pizza chef! 

Our next adventure…


My favorite viveros in town. 



Then we stopped to get the car washed. These hard working young men ‘tackled’ our little Alto. 



$4. Of course we tipped. And what a gorgeous spot to wait! 



Beautiful views in every direction in Boquete…



We headed over to new venue for some yummy Mexican food at Tacos.Rudos. This food was authentic and inspired. Alex was such a gracious host and we are looking forward to his new restaurant which will be opening soon right beside his food truck! 



I see doors in front of this amazing view! 



Pulled pork soft tacos with slaw



Queso Fundido with Chorizo and handmade tortillas



Slumming for crackers… Doors to the pool house behind Bella. 

Monday was a great day for a drive…


Okay we got out of the car using the doors to visit this beautiful little waterfall. It is located near Caldera.



We took a tour of El Rio Encantado, a beautifully transformed property owned and run by Frank along with Jose.  He talked with us awhile and told us about the history of his preserve. There are cabins and even a treehouse available to rent as well as day passes and hiking tours. 



They were gracious enough to serve drinks while we were there at the pool bar. Great value and all the doors were open! 😉



Who can resist a swing beside a rushing river? I know I can’t!



This was our first time trying The Garden Restaurant in Boquete. The owners are Americans originally from Texas but have been in Boquete for ten years. They have a nice little place, reminiscent of old store venues in the states. The service was wonderful and our burgers made perfectly. I have to say I have never had sweet potato fries that were cooked as well or that stayed crispy to the end before now! 



Traditional iced tea was delicious and if you like, it is served with sugar water! I was impressed by that idea. I love sweet tea but loathe having to add a half dozen packets of sugar that only falls to the bottom of the cold glass. 



😋😋



On to yesterday’s adventure…
Tree Trek! This magnificent place is about 4.5km up from Boquete. The ‘road’ is more like a double sidewalk and can be tricky with the occasional two way traffic, but in a tiny car we got it! 👍🏻



Some places don’t have the grassy shoulder.



Welcome to the porch at Tree Trek. In my opinion this is the best seat in the house! From here you have the mountain views, the sunset and you can watch the zipliners! 
That’s my sweetie there. 



Pssst… they make the best Long Island tea ever! 



We decided on wings and potato wedges, both excellent choices. That smoky chipotle sauce was a perfect accompaniment. Hubby loves the blue cheese! 



How about this view? You really just don’t want to leave.  They rent cabinas and it is my goal to stay overnight at some point.



Inside seating and the doors to the porch! 



View from the walkway below that leads to the tours salon.



Just… ahhhhhh….



I loved the sky in this photo!



The tours salon where all guided tours start. 

I hope you’ve enjoyed these doors and that you’ll have a perfect Thursday! You know I can’t leave without a gratuitous nature shot…



This is our new garden emperor, a Long Billed Starthroat hummer. Oh! I nearly forgot. 
I got a lovely gift from our landscaper’s wife. She knows how much I love hummingbirds and sent me this little treasure after it was abandoned. 


I suppose this would be the door to life! ❤️





4 comments:

  1. Cheryl, these views, and that food look wonderful. The pulled pork taco with the slaw in the bottom looks delicious. There's a hotel near Boston that I used to stay in that served a fish taco on a bed of very dry slaw. It's a delicious combination. I love the view of the mountains and the waterfall. Thanks for sharing this with Thursday Doors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dan. It’s been a stellar week for adventure here. And the food was impressive. I’m not a slaw fanatic but it goes well in taco situations. I do love a well prepared Fish Reuben as well. Glad you liked the views.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful doors, Cheryl. You live in such a beautiful place and it looks like you never want for a plate of good food. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love it Mary and yes there is always something good to eat.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts!