Saturday, October 15, 2022

So Many Happy Places… #SoCS

Life remains busy and sometimes bumpy but when I saw today’s #SoCS prompt from Linda Hill I knew I had to post. My life, like most people, has had its dark days. But I have been blessed with many, many happy moments and happy places. 

Since there isn’t space or time here to show them all to you, I will hit a few and share my most recent happy place. 

Most people who have visited any of my blogs will know how much I love winged things, especially hummingbirds. The hubs even calls me hummingbird sometimes because I like to stay busy. πŸ˜‚

In our recent happy place here in Panama, I have feeders for my little friends, along with flowering plants. A few weeks back I had a little guy take over the terrace and its supply of nectar, running off any other hummers who dared take a drink. His only rivals were the tiny bees so he let them have their way. I named him Napoleon. Sadly, birds sometimes fly into our big picture window, injuring themselves. Most get up after a few minutes to fly away but recently a lovely blue tanager died. Then my little buddy mistook the afternoon reflection for a runway and hit the window hard. I went out and spent time with him, gave him some sugar water and he tried to hang on. When I saw he was failing I picked him up and held him as he took his last sweet breaths. πŸ₯ΊπŸ˜ž


Napoleon



😞



He had quick short breaths for awhile



I planted a moss rose where I buried him..

For awhile I neglected the feeders,  but recently got new ones and the big one came with little suction cup window feeders. I was dubious because of the poor reviews but followed the directions for attaching them. They have been a hit and there is a new king of the terrace…


This is Li’l Nap J 
(Little Napoleon Junior) 
While he is more accommodating than his predecessor, he still exerts territorial preference. ❤️
 


He’s found a perch on the Night Cerrus



These moments make up my happy days..



And there is plenty of room on the ‘grand’ feeder for group sessions. 




So here are a few more of my ‘happy places’…


Lunch with a friend



Shrimps make me very happy! 



Finding an American thrift store!



Always happy beneath her glow



This park is our happy place for walks! 



Happily saving my ‘babies’ during the recent storm



No words…sigh



Time with new friends


My orchid garden..



Trips to the Butterfly and Bee garden



Video calls with my bug…



A trip to the border with good friends





Saving butterflies…



She steals a daytime spotlight..



Lego projects! 



Selfies with beautiful creatures like Junebug



Anytime I get to see some of my guys



Birthday celebrations



Naptime stories



Oh Ellie….



The ladies celebrate! 



Anything chocolate, like these yummy scones! 


My Happy Place! 



An old happy place that lives on in my heart…

And speaking of happy places, my moonlighting job over at Dan’s place allows me to meet all the interesting guest bloggers he hosts. You should head over to his place to meet today’s guest, Willow and I’ll mix you up something special. 
Happy Weekend to those of you still keeping track of days. πŸ€—

 

6 comments:

  1. I think one of your happiest places is behind your camera. And we are the beneficiaries of that. I'm so sorry about Napoleon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam. Taking photos is one of my happiest places…

      Delete
  2. The Hummingbirds are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I see these pictures, I know you're in your happy place.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts!