Sunday, October 23, 2022

Heaven Help the Children/Forever Never

 


Forever Never/Dawn of the Dream

Cheryl Pennington 

Copyright 2022


Hi there,

In a bit of a reversal I am posting to my Tropical Affair blog and linking here in Blogger. Some of you have had difficulty posting comments here.

I hope you have time for a quick look at another excerpt from my developing novel, Forever Never/Dawn of the Dream. My book has been over ten years in the making and is finally nearing completion. While not everyone is a fan of fantasy or Spiritual Mythology, I like to think (as so many writers hope) that my tale is a little different. In the fledgling world I have created, the struggle has only just begun where all struggles are born… in the soul of creation. 

On Domhan, where idyllic perfection is the norm, none of its inhabitants are prepared for the expression of Eternity’s lurking desire, a force so grappling that even the children become tangled in its deceptive web. 

In writing my story from second and third person style, their thoughts are as relevant as their actions. It is my hope that anyone who gets to know these gentle people will recognize some part of themselves in their hopes, dreams and genuine struggles. 

Everything within Existence has a purpose and if we could just accept the primary forces that seem always at odds within ourselves, perhaps we could find a way to cease the endless struggle. Maybe then we could make it a partnership of perfection rather than a war for control. 

I hope you enjoy the excerpts I’ve shared and, if so, leave me a comment. 

Love and Light,

Cheryl 


4 comments:

  1. I am" a fan of fantasy or Spiritual Mythology." You book sounds intriguing, especially the combination of second and third person. That's not easy to do. Best of luck on the finishing touches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Dee. I’ll be happy when I can share the book with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the excerpt Cheryl. Good luck with the book !

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts!