Friday, December 16, 2022

The Ghosts of Doors Past #ThursdayDoors

Our host Dan Antion of No Facilities has chosen this last Thursday of 2022 to be one where we can post images of our favorite doors from the past year.

I do hope that everyone is heading towards a peaceful and love filled holiday. ❤️ 

Warning: Most photos involve food. We really eat out only once a week, generally, but these are the places we visit if we leave our favorite place… home! 



Door to the kitchen in our favorite seafood restaurant, The Fish House



It would be cruel to invite you in and not show you what’s so good about it! My favorite is the Surf n Turf burger. Those are fried Langostino on top!



A new tapas bar in town called Dale. I visited with my friend while we were celebrating her birthday!



Cheers! 



Another leg on our ‘Celebration Bar Hop’ was the new Italian venue. 



That was a pretty good mojito!



This little place serves yummy breakfast and some of the best Mexican food in town. Polivalente! 



Flautas!


Of course my late night snack charcuterie board isn’t too bad either. 😉



Every time we leave the house there is a new friend waiting to say hello just above my door! 



Hello handsome! 



Yes there are doors on this treehouse in El Rio Encantado Nature Reserve 



Lots of these little houses around



Tree Trek hotel, adventure park and one of our favorite places to eat with a view. You just don’t want to leave..



See?



Another place in town. The Garden serves a nice burger. Most of these meals are less than $10 too!



THE best crispy sweet potato fries I’ve ever had! 



The plant vendors in town. So happy their ‘doors’ are open daily. 



La Cueva del Pitufo 
(The Smurf Cave) 
Yummy Peruvian food! 



Shrimp n taters (smashed of course!)



Selina Hotel


All these culverts are hostel rooms and are adorable.



Visiting the Butterfly Garden with my friend is so fun.Behind that door is a magical place-the butterfly hatching room! 🫢😁



Newborn Glasswing



One of my favorite buildings with art in Lincoln, NE



We see these doors in the Atlanta airport often..



A neighborhood church in Lincoln



This mermaid swims every day in downtown Boquete



These little book houses are all over Lincoln. We just love this idea! 




The saddest and most precious doors are when we say goodby for awhile. 
(((Elliot)))








7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the door Cheryl. Eliot does not look happy that you are leaving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He’s always abit confused, John. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. These are great doors, Cheryl, but the Surf n Turf burger and Shrimp n taters are making me very hungry. I am having shrimp today, so that's a good thing, I love the doors at the Selina Hotel, and I would recognize the Atlanta Airport train doors anywhere. My favorite is the little free library.

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dan. All the food was fantasticbut that burger is a favorite of mine. During the peak of Covid there were also little free hard goods boxes for donations and pickup. One of the mnpany things I love about Lincoln.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely doors, Cheryl, but I was focused on the food. I think I gained 5 lbs drooling over your meals. So yummy! I hope you have a wonderful holiday and Christmas, filled with love, doors and more good food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Mary. I’m wishing the same for you. More goodies to come no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love seeing this part of the world! Under appreciated for sure! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts!