Friday, February 10, 2023

Birth of a Rainbow/A Lover’s Tryst #poetry #photography

 


“Listen, Old man,”

she cocked her head,

“Before I go out

and slip off to bed,”

she winked.

“Let’s leave a smile-

something with style!

to cheer the humans

for a little while.

Their world has gone sour,

their countenance dour

but if they look up 

at this dawning hour

and see the hues

of violets and blues

with red and green

and in between 

then

won’t they forget

the reason they fret

and cry

and sigh…


“ Thank you, my dear

for joining me here,

I’ll meet you tonight

as you lose your light

and we’ll repeat

this glorious feat

as I take the throne

and you are gone.

Good day, my love.”


Cheryl KP 

Copyright words and images 2023


6 comments:

  1. A Rainbow is like mother Nature's full smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rainbows are one of the most beautiful things to see. Thanks for sharing yours and your lovely thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hank you, Dan. I’m still like a kid when it comes to rainbows.πŸ™‚

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts!