Monday, October 4, 2021

Because I Must!

 One of our favorite movies for years has been Blast From the Past. I don’t have enough room in this post to explain the million reasons why but this scene came to mind when I think of the times someone asks why a person does things they might not do themselves. 


Sorry I couldn’t find a version without the Spanish dub. At one point in the film, Adam’s father is explaining baseball as a game to his son. When asked why the player runs to get to home plate, his father responds, “Because he must!” This is a phrase used by Christopher Walken’s character throughout the film when asked why things have to be done. 


If you haven’t seen this wonderful film yet, well, you must! 

And while we are talking films there is another that actually has a song in it which is now stuck in my head. While the message in the video is completely different than what I am expressing, it is nonetheless stuck. So, I am sharing links to the video as well as the movie clip so that you can have it ‘stuck’ as well! 🤭 

We Are the Millers is not a movie for the folks who don’t care for irreverence or raunchy humor but it is definitely funny. 



And the actual song which is really a good one by TLC…



What is the point of all this Hollywood involvement? My brain is addicted to Life ‘Connect the Dots’.You know, like all roads lead back to Kevin Bacon, or something like that. 

Simply put, we DO go out in search of waterfalls, mountains, canyons, rivers, lakes, shooting stars, blood moons, birds, bugs, whales, dolphins, monkeys, sloths, cold beer, great burgers, vintage cars, lifetime friends and anything new and unexpected! 

Why?  As Professor Weber so simply stated in the film, “Because we must!” You decide. Is it worth stepping out of our comfort zones for a little bit of magnificence now and then? 















As for me, I think I’ll keep my running shoes handy. 😉❤️

6 comments:

  1. I love your outlook on life, Cheryl. You have chased so many waterfalls, rainbows, birds and butterflies, and we benefit from the lovely photos you share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dan! I may be slowing down a bit but my mind still goes to so many places. I have not forgotten my dreams. 🙂

      Delete
  2. If we didn't step outside our comfort zone how would we ever learn and grow? There is beauty all around us we just have to have the courage to look. Love the post didn't see any of the movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Pam. You should see Blast From the Past. It’s funny and heartwarming.

      Delete
  3. Cheryl, I've stepped out of my comfort zone on more than one occasion and most often it has created positive experiences, like learning how to ride motorcycle, participating in community theater (once) and interviewing for my own job a few years ago. Great memories and outcomes and now I'm trying to find new experiences amid a pandemic. It's all part of life and far better than living in a box or bubble.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts!