Wednesday, October 13, 2021

With A Little Help #1LinerWednesday



 Sometimes a single moment in time brings living beings together in the most unusual way. And magic comes from madness. 

When I stepped out of the truck, leaving the door open for a moment to unload things and chat with my friend, I never imagined that a couple of playful hummingbirds would flit by and one would pull up just in time to avert disaster while the other slammed against the inside of the door and fell to the ground at my feet. 

My heart fell beside it. My mind raced and I ran inside for a paper towel, afraid to pick my little friend up with my bare hands. Resting on the table near the feeder it breathed quietly while I gently smoothed its feathers and tentatively stroked its tiny head. Its buddies buzzed by and I whispered to it. 

After a few moments it flew from the table and awkwardly into the trees. But it was okay. My heart sang. 








12 comments:

  1. Cute little guy, isn't he? Glad he's OK...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious moment to be a part of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for helping the little guy. You're a wonderful person. I don't think I've ever seen a hummingbird that wasn't in motion. I'm glad he's ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have killed my soul to leave him there. I was so afraid to touch him and make anything worse with my fingers. The paper towel was perfect for lifting him up. That is one of the most amazing things about the hummingbirds here. I have recorded them sitting for two or three minutes on the feeder drinking. They move often enough but stay still long enough for us to be awed. Thanks Dan. 🙂

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad little hummingbird survived. They are such cool creatures, fun to watch and admire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Windows seem like a really great idea - if one is not a bird. They have no bounce to them... great rescue Cheryl...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s right John. Not like Tiggers! Lol. They were zipping and his diversion skill was not as well honed as his buddy’s I’m afraid.

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts!