Wednesday, October 27, 2021

The Drinks Were So Good… #1Liner Wednesday

 How good were they? 



They were the bees’ knees! 🤦‍♀️

It was a perfect day, here in the middle of the ‘rainy season’. Friends invited us to drive to a tranquil Nature Resort on the Caldera River for the day. I can’t say enough good things about El Rio Encantado 

Our host reserved the pool area for us and they provided service as needed at the poolside bar. We brought our own lunch and enjoyed while listening to the river.  There are cabinas for rent all around the property with beautiful trails between them and that also lead to the river. 

I’m going to stop talking now and just share the images with you. I wish I could share the feeling of exhilaration we experienced being beside the river nestled in the mountains. 

Oh, and in case you were concerned, I rescued my little bee friend using the straw and sent it off with a warning to beware what pool it chooses to cool its feet in. 😉




Yeah, I did spend time on the turtle mound


The hubby loves these


View from the entrance above. 


Caldera River


If I get to go back, I hope to walk that bridge. I took this shot from a lookout tower.


Making yummy drinks



This Treehouse is one of the rentals and has its own rancho for cooking outdoors. It is right on the river.


Reception lookout


Pool area


Fresh air and tranquility heals the body and soothes the soul.


We were told you can sometimes see the monkeys but they stayed out of view while we were there. 


The lookout tower


Those are roots!



Trails



My muscles were peeved that I had so recently been inactive but we are on the same page now. 😉




6 comments:

  1. Great pictures! It's nice to see that you believe in sharing your drinks. Ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful place to escape for a day and explore the beautiful surroundings, Cheryl. I’m glad you had this opportunity and I’m so glad you shared it with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dan. It was definitely a wonderful experience.

      Delete
  3. How wonderful and magical! You're in a tropical paradise! I bet that bee had a hangover! 😂
    What's the official language of Panama? My grandfather was stationed there in the 30's and I have a few of things my grandmother bought while there that I treasure. I've always wondered what it's like there. Thanks for sharing this place with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah. It really feels like paradise. I like simple things and the mountains are so peaceful. Spanish is the natural language here, but in most populated places there is moderate to good English spoken as well. At this point their English is far better than my Spanish. I am still working with the Rosetta Stone program and am better than when we lived in Costa Rica. Keep those treasures. There are some truly unique and lovely things created here. The best part-no money exchange. 🙂

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts!