Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Just (Don’t) Do It #OneLinerWednesday

Today was a go-to-town get-everything-done kind of day. We are honing our lifestyle so that we don’t have to take as many trips down into town and when we do go we can actually enjoy milling around rather than manically going from one end to the other for supplies and business. 

After we did our have-to’s we dropped into one of our favorite breakfast spots, Olga’s. The breakfast is great, affordable, served open air right in the middle of her garden and there is usually an ‘Olga hug’ at some point. 







They also have a cute terrier. You know, the Toto kind. He’s adorable and sometimes roams around the dining area, normally minding his own business. He’ll come if you call but Olga keeps him in line. 

Now, I don’t what went through his little head today. He seemed very interested in going out the fromt door but no one allowed it. 🧐




He passed under our table once or twice and I spoke to him. We got our food and were settling in to enjoy all the yumminess…



I haven’t had waffles in months! 


Always with flowers from the garden..



I love tea wisdom


He made another pass by the table and from the corner of my eye I saw him stop by the shopping bag I had on the floor by my chair. Wait. No. No you are not! As soon as I saw the leg hike I shooed him away but he had already sprinkled.. on the floor.. and yes.. on my bag! 





We laughed and I asked the server for a wipe of some sort but she was horrified and told Olga what he had done. Mama whisked him away inside and came back with cleaner and a rag to clean my bag. I told her it was okay but she said no he is not supposed to do that. Hubby and I joked about why he chose us over the other four tables with people and I said maybe he was marking me as territory. πŸ˜‚

Then I looked at the bag and considered the possibility of a universal dog icon, you know.. like our public bathroom signs. I mean…



It IS red..



And suggestive…

This post brought to you by Linda Hill’ One Liner Wednesday prompt

I just realized the irony of the song playing in the background of my little video. It was an instrumental rendition of  Somewhere Over the Rainbow. 😳❤️
So, since I love music and you love music and little Toto…whatever his real name is..obviously likes the tune..








11 comments:

  1. I love that πŸ™‚ Do it!

    PS, that waffle looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Do It Centers here are like Home Depot back home. A little bit of everything. The waffle was wonderful and the bacon that arrived shortly after was crispy and delish. Thanks Dan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just do it center!! That's too funny!

    That Hibiscus blossom looks perfect and as big as the plate. I love tea wisdom and before anything else there must be tea!! πŸ˜€πŸ’Ÿ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Lemon Green Tea and very nice! Olga serves all her dishes with fresh blossoms. She is very special.

      Delete
  4. I think the little dog was just doing as he was instructed. Your bag said Do It, he did it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! And how about the elephant in the room? A dog that can read! πŸ˜‰

      Delete
  5. Ah yes. It is what it is. My sentiments are with Iz. Somewhere over the rainbow... Thanks Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mantra is you can’t change what has gone before, only your perception of it. Thanks John.

      Delete
  6. Ha ha ha. I always love a dog with spunk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’d file this one under ‘gall’ John. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚

      Delete
  7. It is always ideal to select a web-hosting company that has good customer support. The support extended by the web host is not limited only to email or phone support. FAQs and that help members in managing their web space has to be present. Cheap Web Hosting

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts!