Saturday, August 28, 2021

My Pad or Yours? #SoCS

 


My dear, how sad 

you look today.

Put down your load,

come out to play! 


The sun is high,

the breeze is soft,

tickling my wings,

carried aloft

I soar! 


I see it now

and wonder how

you can resist

another tryst

with life.


The twinkle waits

deep in your eye,

the hint of smile

lingering by,

So why

do you hesitate? 


Come closer, yes

and now you see

how grand a day

you’d spend with me

in Paradise.


Spread your wings high,

come with me-fly! 

The moonbeams wait,

we can’t be late

this time!


Ocean waves crash

and mountains peak

thrills standing by

for those who seek

them out.


 We’ll sip the dew

from a rose petal,

the red of course,

oh why settle

for the pink?


Come along now,

please don’t tarry!

Today is the day

 Toad will marry

Miss Frog.


It will be grand,

the pond will sing,

the faeries dance,

the spiders swing

from silken strands.


And then, when spent

we languid lie

beneath the moon,

where fireflies 

like

lanterns glow.


Now aren’t you glad

you came outside,

leaving shadows

instead to hide

in plain sight?


What fun to leave

our cares behind

 spinning, whirling

our minds unwind!


Shall we do this 

every day?

We’ll make a date,

coordinate-

Oh say!

My name’s Whisper.

What’s yours?


CKP copyright words and photos 2021

This post brought to you by Linda Hill’s #SoCS prompt. Visit the link to her blog for more great posts.















8 comments:

  1. Excellent, Cheryl! This was fun to follow and it made me smile. And, you get bonus points, good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dan! I’m glad you enjoyed my flight of fancy. Bonus points are always nice. 😀

      Delete
  2. Oh my, that took me back to my childhood! Thank you so very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam. I’m happy to give you a carefree moment! 🤗

      Delete
  3. Thanks Cheryl. You paint pretty word pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John. My actual paintings are less impressive but Nature’s canvas inspires me greatly. 😊

      Delete
  4. What a delightful perspective! Thank you for this joyful day n paradise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming along! I’m Happy you enjoyed it.

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts!